Avril Lavigne reveals she thought she was “dying” after being diagnosed with Lyme disease

The singer was bedridden for five months

Avril Lavigne

by Rosie Gizauskas |
Published on

All sorts of rumours have been dogging Avril Lavinge since she tweeted that she was feeling unwell in December.

Avril’s now revealed that she’s not pregnant or in rehab. She’s actually been diagnosed with Lyme disease, which is caused by tick bites.

She spoke to People magazine and went into detail about her health crisis – which left her feeling lightheaded, fatigued and, in the end, bedridden for five months.

"I could barely eat… my friends asked, 'What's wrong?' I didn't know.

"I had no idea a bug bite could do this… I was bedridden for five months.

"I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't talk and I couldn't move… I thought I was dying.

"There were definitely times I couldn't shower for a full week because I could barely stand. It felt like having all your life sucked out of you."

Sounds AWFUL. Like, horrendous.

Avril also told the magazine that she had to be looked after by her mum, and her husband Chad Kroeger (yes, the guy from Nickleback. No, we’re still not over that one).

Luckily, Avril now reckons she’s about “80 per cent better”. We hope she gets the other 20 per cent back soon, and, er, gets back to her Sk8r Boi-crooning best.

Just so you know, whilst we may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this website, we never allow this to influence product selections - read why you should trust us