Brendan Cole has a message for the other Strictly dancers as rehearsals begin

He was axed from the line-up earlier this year

Brendan Cole

by Emma Dodds |
Published on

Former Strictly Come Dancing professional Brendan Cole may have been axed from the show earlier this year, but he's proven today that he's not bitter about it. Taking to Instagram, Brendan shared a heartfelt message of well-wishes for the other professionals as the official Strictly account revealed that rehearsals had gotten underway today (31st July).

Although the next series won't air until later this year, the Strictly professional dancers have been sharing photos of the rehearsals, also confirming who will be taking to the floor when the show returns.

Strictly Come Dancing
©The Strictly professionals © Twitter/ BBC Strictly

In the snap uploaded to the official BBC Strictly Twitter account, returning favourites could be seen such as Anton Du Beke, Pasha Kovalev, Aljaž Škorjanec, Giovanni Pernice, Janette Manrara, Kevin and Karen Clifton, Gorka Marquez, Nadiya Bychkova, Oti Mabuse, AJ Pritchard, Katya Jones, Amy Dowden and Dianne Buswell, along with newbies Johannes Radebe, Luba Mushtuk and Graziano Di Prima.

And Brendan, who revealed that his contract on the show had not been renewed earlier this year, took to his own Instagram to wish the professional dancers all the best for the upcoming show.

Check out who's rumoured to be going on Strictly Come Dancing this year...

Gallery

Strictly Come Dancing 2018 rumoured line-up (radio)

Coleen Rooney1 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Coleen Rooney

After welcoming her fourth child into the world in January, Coleen Rooney is reportedly 'in talks' with Strictly bosses to appear on the show.

Michelle Keegan2 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Michelle Keegan

Bosses are reportedly keen to 'break the bank' for former Coronation Street actress Michelle Keegan. The Our Girl star will be able to get a few tips from her husband Mark Wright after he appeared on the show back in 2014.

Gemma Collins3 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Gemma Collins

TOWIE star Gemma Collins is a firm favourite to land a place on this year's show. However, speaking about her potential signing, Craig Revel Horwood recently said, "Gemma Collins would be fun on the show but it's not very often that we have reality stars take to the ballroom. We generally have people of a higher calibre than that."

Rylan Clark-Neal4 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Rylan Clark-Neal

This Morning presenter Rylan Clark-Neal recently expressed his interest in taking part in the popular dancing show. He said, "I'm a big fan of Strictly. Last year, I got the chance to go down there for the first time as previously I've always been on The X Factor.** It was nice to go down and support Ruth. Never say never."

Joey Essex5 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Joey Essex

Former TOWIE star Joey Essex is also a keen favourite with bosses as they think he is 'TV gold'.

Piers Morgan6 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Piers Morgan

Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan hinted that he could be appearing on the show this year. Piers's rival Lord Alan Sugar even said he would donate £25,000 to charity if Piers does take part, and an additional £25,000 if he gets past week five!

Les Dennis7 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Les Dennis

During a recent appearance on Sunday Brunch, Les Dennis said, "When I was doing Coronation Street I was approached but we weren't allowed to do it, we had a policy. I wouldn't mind doing it, I always like a challenge."

Nadiya Hussain8 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Nadiya Hussain

Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain attended a number of Strictly live shows last year, where she reportedly expressed her love for the show.

Maya Jama9 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 REX/Shutterstock

Maya Jama

Stormzy's girlfriend Maya Jama is also a hot favourite to appear on the show.

Jake Quickenden10 of 10
CREDIT: u00a9 Shutterstock

Jake Quickenden

He may have won Dancing On Ice earlier this year, but Jake Quickenden has sparked rumours he's heading to Strictly too.

Posting a video whilst on holiday in Mallorca with his family, Brendan - who was one of the original professionals on the Strictly line-up - said to the camera, "This is a message to all of my Strictly friends who are back in the studio today, today is day one of season 16. Guys, wishing you all the very best for the brand new season.

"For the new guys, congratulations for joining the show, you're going to have a ball and to my old friends, missing you lots, but I can't wait to hear and see what you've been up to and we'll catch up very soon."

Of course, many of Brendan's fans wrote in the comments that they were gutted he wouldn't be returning to the show. One wrote, 'You will be dreadfully missed,' as another added, 'It won’t be the same with out you!' as one other commented, 'This makes me so sad that you aren't rehearsing with them Brendan! My favourite dancer ever since Season 1. Please come back next year!'

New Strictly professional Graziano Di Prima also took to Instagram about the first day of rehearsals, posting a photo of himself with the other professional boys.

Graziano Di Prima
©The male Strictly line-up © Instagram/ Graziano Di Prima

Brendan revealed in an interview on Lorraine back in January this year that he had left the show, saying, "It’s quite hard to talk about. The BBC haven’t renewed my contract. We get contracted year upon year. They’ve made an editorial decision to not have me back on the show. I’m a little bit in shock. I’m quite emotional, a bit raw about it.

"It’s done via a process of a phone call. I have had 15 incredible series on the show. I’m very proud of the whole show. It’s a great team," later adding, "I’m disappointed. It’s very hard to talk about. It’s a recent decision."

Just so you know, whilst we may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this website, we never allow this to influence product selections - read why you should trust us